Physical Education Teacher (PG-SmartCampus)
1. Works cooperatively with other physical education teachers/ HOD in planning and implementing a balanced physical education program.
2. Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge and strategies of formal sports, games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
3. Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the division’s basic instructional philosophy, provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students.
4. Establishes and maintains standards of student behaviour to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas.
5. Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and field areas to ensure the overall safety of students.
6. Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepares report cards, and keeps appropriate records to include attendance reports, checklists, census forms, and other recordkeeping activities as necessary.
7. Evaluates each student’s growth in physical skills, knowledge and contribution in team sports.
8. Communicates with parents and class teachers on student progress.
9. Supervises students in out of classroom activities during the assigned working day.
1. Maintains professional competence by attending staff development programs, curriculum development meetings and other professional activities.
2. Participates in various student and parent activities which occur in school including PTA, student clubs and after-school activities.
3. Creates an effective learning environment through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and activity/learning centres.
4. Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or other appropriate administrator